1.Qualifying Examinations :
Candidates applying for HSEE-2013 should have either completed or are appearing in 2013 in any one of the following qualifying examinations (QE) :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central / State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Exami-nation conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Exami-nation (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School / Board / University Exami-nation in India or in any foreign country recog-nized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
One should note that courses which are preparatory in nature, without offering any degree are not considered equivalent to 10+2 system.
In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level. This is in addition to passing in the qualifying examination with aggregate marks relevant to the category of the candidate.
2.Percentage of Marks in QE:
The candidates belonging to the general category and OBC (CL/NCL) category must secure a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in the QE. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure a minimum of 55% in aggregate in the QE. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of joining. In case, such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, the decision of the HSEE Admission Committee regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
3. Date of Birth:
A Candidate, whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1987, is eligible for HSEE-2013. However, in the case of SC, ST and PD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., candidates belonging to these categories / subcategories born on or after October 01, 1982 are eligible. The date of birth as recorded in the High School (10th std. / 12th Std.) first Board / Pre-University Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce a copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form as a proof of their age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.
All qualified candidates will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format that will be made available to them along with offer of admission letter. They will be admitted only if they are physically fit for pursuing a course of study at the Institute.
(i) Admission to a candidate will stand cancelled, if the proof of having passed the QE, as per the eligibility criteria specified in Section 11.2 of Information Bulletin, is not submitted to the Institute latest by September 30, 2013.
(ii) Admissions are subject to verification of facts from the original certificates / documents of the candidates. If an applicant is found ineligible at a later date even after admission, his/her admission will be cancelled. The decision of the HSEE Admission Committee regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
(iii) A candidate must satisfy all the aforesaid eligibility criteria in order to be elligible for appearing in HSEE-2013 / admission.