Candidates applying for HSEE-2019 must have passed any one of the following qualifying
examinations for the first time in 2018 or should be appearing in 2019.
• The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
• Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
• Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
• Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
• H.S.C. vocational examination.
• Class XII skill courses of CBSE.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII
In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Candidates belonging to the general category and OBC category must secure a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories must secure a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. Where only letter grades are mentioned in the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at
the time of joining. In case the candidate does not provide such a certificate, the decision of the HSEE admission committee regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1994 are eligible for HSEE-2019. However, in the case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD and born on or after October 01, 1989 are eligible. The date of birth as recorded in the High School (10th std./12th Std.) first Board/ Pre-University Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce a scanned copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form as proof of their
age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.